Dr. Kristin Wade recommendeds that you have a dental restoration placed. In many offices, this would mean that traditional mold or impression would be taken. If you have ever had one of these impressions before, you know that they can be uncomfortable, goopy, and messy. Some patients even gag when a traditional impression is taken. At Payson Premier Dental, we utilize a state-of-the-art iTero® scanner to ensure our patients’ comfort. This scanner allows us to take digital impressions of the teeth.
Digital impressions taken of the oral cavity with iTero are very precise, and clear. Our dentist will use the handheld iTero device to scan your tooth or teeth quickly and easily. Some of the many benefits of digital impressions include:
– No messy, uncomfortable “goop.”
– Increased patient comfort.
– They can be used to create dental restorations, like dental bridges and dental crowns, as well as orthodontic aligners like Invisalign®.
– If you ever feel uncomfortable, the scanner can be quickly taken out of your mouth. We can easily start and stop the scanning process if needed.
– iTero impressions take much less time than traditional molds, so your appointment can be more efficient.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about iTero digital impressions in Payson, Arizona, and to set up your next visit.