Your dentures will need regular exams and maintenance to ensure that they continue to fit and function properly, and to ensure that they provide the best results for your smile. Denture exams are performed annually, however, if you experience a problem with your dentures, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wade as quickly as possible. You can schedule your annual or emergency appointment by calling our office at 928-472-8400.
There are several different aspects of denture exams and maintenance that invlove both your appliance and your mouth. These include:
- Medical & Dental History Update – if there are any changes to your medical or dental history, such as a type of medication you are using or a medical or dental condition, please tell us. It could affect the fit of your dentures.
- Annual Oral Exam – regular dental visits are critical to maintaining good oral health. Our dentist monitors your oral health to detect the development of any harmful conditions and ensure that your appliance fits properly.
- Tissue & Bone Assessment – poorly fitted dentures can cause changes to your bone and tissue. Ensuring that your dentures fit properly is crucial to maintaining good oral health and function.
- Comfort, Fit, & Integrity of Your Dentures – ensuring that your dentures fit properly and are not damaged helps you avoid or correct a number of problems, such as malocclusion (bad bites), speech impediments, and tissue irritation. It also helps you enjoy a more beautiful smile.
- Oral Hygiene Review, Cleaning, & Polishing – our dentist will also make sure that your dentures are clean. During your visit, we will polish your denturse and review your oral hygiene to ensure that you remain in good health.
During your regular appointments, we may also provide you with tips on how to care for your appliance. Some of these tips include:
- Brush your dentures inside and outside daily with denture cream, NOT toothpaste.
- Rinse your dentures with cold water.
- Inspect your appliance regularly for worn and stained teeth.
- When not in use, keep your dentures in water or a denture-cleaning solution.
- Do not try to make adjustments to your dentures on your own.
To make an appointment, and for more information about denture exams and maintenance in Payson, Arizona, contact Payson Premier Dental today.