Kristin Wade, DMD, FAGD
- I was born in Montana, and still have extended family there.
- We moved to Phoenix when I started second grade, and I attended North High School.
- I met my husband while working at Scottsdale North Hospital, while we were both attending college.
- I ultimately graduated from Northern Arizona University in 1998 with a bachelor of science degree in dental hygiene.
- Following graduation, I began working at High Desert Dentistry in Payson, Arizona. During this time, I commuted to Phoenix to complete my prerequisites for dental school.
- In 2009, I earned my DMD from Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health in Mesa, AZ, and I returned to High Desert Dentistry. I knew that Payson was where we wanted to be, and that I would be joining (or rejoining) many wonderful employees that shared a vision of providing the best dental care for our community. I also knew I would be able to reconnect with many of the extraordinary patients I served as a hygienist. This was particularly exciting since so much had changed in the four years I was away at dental school. Especially the kids… my, how they grew!
- In 2015, I purchased this practice and renamed it Payson Premier Dental.
- In 2019, I completed my Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry!
- I am a caregiver by nature.
- Finding areas within the community where we can put our resources and skills to good use.
- Personally, I enjoy spending time:
- with my family
- doing yard work
- working in my flower garden
- looking for home improvement projects for my “honey-do” list
- and reading cozy mysteries. (I have been exchanging books with patients, friends and family.)
- While living and working in Payson, I served in the PTO, conducted oral health programs at the local elementary schools, and volunteered at the Lions’ Club Health Fair. I was able to be on the planning committee for the health fairs, where I performed oral cancer screenings for attendees.
- As a student, I was able to organize various community projects, including renovating a local homeless shelter and initiating oral health training for nursing home staff.
- I helped start the Payson Kiwanis’ Dental Program for children in conjunction with the Kiwanis organization and several other dental practices.
- Our office organizes the “Payson Dentists Salute Our Veterans” event, which offers veterans free dental services in honor of Veteran’s Day.
- I participate in the Arizona Mission of Mercy and Give Kids a Smile programs.
- I am currently serving as a regional council board member for the Gila County First Things First organization. First Things First works with families and communities to support and encourage the healthy development of young children.
- We also donate to over 40 local events/groups annually.